Home of the Braves
BES PTO Brochure 2014 - for more info please visit the BES PTO page
9/15 Fine Arts Booster Meeting 7 pm in band room
9/15 Hearing Screenings Gr. PK, KG, 1, 3, 5, 9
9/17 School Board Meeting 6 pm in auditorium
9/22 Destination Imagination Meeting 6 pm in MS room 209
click here - What is Destination Imagination?
9/26 BMS Dance 7-9 pm
9/26 K-12 Progress Reports
9-29 - 10-3 Bookfair Week - BES & BMS
The Joseph Badger School District Website is "Under Construction"........PLEASE REFRESH YOUR SCREEN FREQUENTLY IF YOU HAVE THIS WEBSITE SAVED IN YOUR FAVORITES. posted 11/22/2013
**2014-2015 Class Fees**
For the second consecutive year, 2014-2015, all student fees will be waived. Trumbull County has been slow to recover economically from the Great Recession as compared to State and National averages. Students enrolled in Wood Shop and/or Family and Consumer Science will continue to purchase all related materials.
The Valley's official school cancellation web page is located here:
Parents: As you well know weather patterns in northeastern Ohio are often unpredictable as to location and persistence. If on any given day, you feel the weather to too extreme for your child to attend, you may keep your child home. Please send a note with your child and he/she will be excused.
The Joseph Badger Local School District will provide academic excellence to all students through an effective and challenging learning environment that encourages students to become independent thinkers and lifelong learners.
The new Joseph Badger School opened September 5, 2006 with the first day of classes for students. Badger Elementary, Middle and High School form a 175,000 square foot state of the art K-12 facility that services the largest geographical school district in Trumbull County. Students attending the Joseph Badger School, named after a circuit riding minister, Reverend Joseph Badger reside in Gustavus, Hartford, Kinsman, Orangeville or Vernon Township. There is also a small population of open enrollment students attending from neighboring school districts.
Joseph Badger offers a diversified curriculum including Kindergarten/Enrichment and college preparatory courses which include five high school advanced placement (AP) classes. Badger Middle School is one of the select schools in Ohio to offer three grade eight classes earning high school credit; French, Algebra and Intro to Physics and Chemistry.
Eighty-four dedicated staff members, forty-six certified and thirty-eight classified serve the students parents and community on a daily basis. Joseph Badger offers a comprehensive co-curricular program coinciding with academic offerings and an interscholastic sports program which personifies team play, opponent respect and continued sportsmanship in all contests.
10 Ways to Communicate with Your Child’s Teacher
1. Meet your child’s teachers early in the school year. Don’t wait for a problem.
2. Ask teachers about their goals, rules, and limits, and how often you can expect to hear from them.
3. Tell teachers about your child—special interests, likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses, and
any major changes in his/her life.
4. Get involved at school. Volunteer in the classroom and for special events and field trips.
5. Make sure the school knows your schedule and how to reach you.
6. Let teachers know the good things your child says about them.
7. Ask questions when you have concerns and stay informed about what’s going on at school.
8. When requesting a meeting, state your general topic so the teacher can prepare.
9. Avoid automatically taking sides, whether the teacher’s or your child’s. Try to stay objective and state
your observations only.
10. Stay calm - never accuse or attack. Share what you would like to see happen. Be specific and ask for details.
Remember—Your child learns by watching you. Demonstrate good negotiation skills.
Copyright © 2007
Joseph Badger School District